ARIS provides Member States with most up-to-date comprehensive and balanced information about all available advanced reactor designs.
Member States, both those considering their first nuclear power plant and those with an existing nuclear power programme, are interested in having ready access to the most up-to-date information about all available nuclear reactor designs, as well as important development trends.
The IAEA?s ARIS ? developed to meet this need ? is a web-accessible database that provides Members States with comprehensive and balanced information about all advanced reactor designs and concepts. ARIS includes reactors of all sizes and all reactor lines, from evolutionary water cooled reactor designs for near term deployment to innovative reactor concepts still under development, such gas cooled and fast reactors or small- and medium-sized reactors.
ARIS makes it easy to capture the general trends and to identify the differences between the diverse designs and concepts by allowing users to sort and filter the information according to the relevant criteria. Compiled from information provided by the developers of each reactor design/concept, the data stored in ARIS are harmonized to produce an unbiased and easy-to-use source of information. Although the depth of the reactor descriptions may vary depending on the level of development of the various concepts, ARIS includes reports on nuclear steam supply system, safety concept, plant performance, proliferation resistance, spent fuel and waste management, and also a complete list of technical data.
The information is updated whenever there is any significant change on a specific design.
- Authoritative: All information in the resource has been verified by authorities as indicated.
- Quality-checked: All information in the resource has been quality-checked as indicated.
- Not quality-checked: Although the information in the resource may come from peer-reviewed journals or other high-quality sources, it has not undergone subsequent quality checking before incorporation in the resource.
CompletenessExplanation of Terms
- Comprehensive:The resource includes all items in the category for which the resource was created.
- Selective: The resource includes only selected items in the category for which the resource was created, with the process or basis for the selection as indicated.
Update FrequencyExplanation of Terms
- Updated continually: A conscientious effort is made to add new information immediately and keep the resource up-to-date on a day-by-day basis.
- Updated periodically: The resource is updated on a schedule. Common values are monthly, quarterly, annually or biennially, but others are also used.
- Updated occasionally: The resource is updated now and then, but not on a schedule.
- Static: The resource is a one-off creation with no plans for updates, or a resource that was updated in the past but has now been frozen with no new input planned.
Last Resource Update : 2012 - Aug
Nuclear Power Infrastructure | Nuclear Power
Nuclear Energy | NENP - Division of Nuclear Power