Global Assessment of Nuclear Data Requirements or GANDR is a IAEA Nuclear Data Section Data Development Project.
It is a set of computer programs which generate correlation matrices which rank the accuracy of various types of nuclear data.
Because of this complexity, there is a need for computerized tools to assist data experts in the ranking of competing proposals for new measurements of nuclear data for applications. In the 1970s, a number of research groups proposed the use of perturbation-theory based sensitivity and uncertainty analysis for this purpose.
Progress was stopped largely by the requirement of tracking of what seemed at the time to be an impossibly large amount of correlation information. With the enormous advances in computer technology, the equivalent of what once was considered a very powerful supercomputer facility (multi-gigabyte memories, multi-GHz processor speeds, terabytes of hard disk space) is now available on the desktop for under $5000. This remarkable development suggests taking a fresh look at this subject.
In this report and the other volumes in this series, we present the results of a detailed study of the feasibility of creating a tool for the Global Assessment of Nuclear Data Requirements (GANDR) based on sensitivity and uncertainty analysis.
We conclude that GANDR is now fully practical on a modern computer in the desktop class. A major outcome of this development work is that a functioning and practical prototype of the GANDR system is now available in the IAEA Nuclear Data Section.
- Authoritative: All information in the resource has been verified by authorities as indicated.
- Quality-checked: All information in the resource has been quality-checked as indicated.
- Not quality-checked: Although the information in the resource may come from peer-reviewed journals or other high-quality sources, it has not undergone subsequent quality checking before incorporation in the resource.
CompletenessExplanation of Terms
- Comprehensive:The resource includes all items in the category for which the resource was created.
- Selective: The resource includes only selected items in the category for which the resource was created, with the process or basis for the selection as indicated.
Update FrequencyExplanation of Terms
- Updated continually: A conscientious effort is made to add new information immediately and keep the resource up-to-date on a day-by-day basis.
- Updated periodically: The resource is updated on a schedule. Common values are monthly, quarterly, annually or biennially, but others are also used.
- Updated occasionally: The resource is updated now and then, but not on a schedule.
- Static: The resource is a one-off creation with no plans for updates, or a resource that was updated in the past but has now been frozen with no new input planned.
Last Resource Update : 2011
NAPC - Nuclear Data Section
Codes and Numerical Data
Neutron transport calculations, sensitivity and uncertainty analysis, perturbation theory, evaluation of nuclear data and covariances, nuclear data uncertantity, nuclear reaction data, integrated cross sections, ZOTTVL least squares solver. EXFOR, PENDF, GAPREP, GAPOST, GABBROW, NJOY, SEPREP, SEPOST