The GNIP is an interesting tool for climatological (interpretation of paleorecords), atmospheric (validation of global circulation models) and hydrological (large regional and global scale water balances) studies.
The primary source of information for ISOHIS is the IAEA archives (technical co-operation and research contract projects). At the end of 2000, the two databases were combined in a common website called GNIP / ISOHIS in order to facilitate the development and maintenance of the Internet site which offers one source for all isotope hydrology data.
- Authoritative: All information in the resource has been verified by authorities as indicated.
- Quality-checked: All information in the resource has been quality-checked as indicated.
- Not quality-checked: Although the information in the resource may come from peer-reviewed journals or other high-quality sources, it has not undergone subsequent quality checking before incorporation in the resource.
CompletenessExplanation of Terms
- Comprehensive:The resource includes all items in the category for which the resource was created.
- Selective: The resource includes only selected items in the category for which the resource was created, with the process or basis for the selection as indicated.
Update FrequencyExplanation of Terms
- Updated continually: A conscientious effort is made to add new information immediately and keep the resource up-to-date on a day-by-day basis.
- Updated periodically: The resource is updated on a schedule. Common values are monthly, quarterly, annually or biennially, but others are also used.
- Updated occasionally: The resource is updated now and then, but not on a schedule.
- Static: The resource is a one-off creation with no plans for updates, or a resource that was updated in the past but has now been frozen with no new input planned.
Last Resource Update : 2011
Nuclear Sciences and Applications | NAPC - Isotope Hydrology Section
Hydrology, Water, Climate change, Pollution, Isotope Hydrology