The IAEA has developed the International Catalogue of Sealed Radioactive Sources and Devices (ICSRS) to become a comprehensive catalogue of manufacturer's data on sealed radioactive sources and the devices in which they are or can be used.
The ICSRS includes a visual guide to enable identification of the generic type of product according to its outward appearance (e.g. shape, size, weight). Based on the data currently available, the ICSRS can assist in the characterization of specific models to allow safe handling of these items.
If at any time you require more information, please write to ICSRS Contact point.
The International Catalogue of Sealed Radioactive Sources and Devices is distributed according to a dissemination policy.
According to this policy, national coordinators need to be nominated by a member state or international organization. The procedure for your nomination is the following:
(1) A person needs an official nomination as a national ICSRS coordinator by the Government (Ministry, Reg.Authority,...); a letter through the official channels; we need address, tel. and fax number, e- mail address of each nominated person;
(2) If you have not already done so, please register with a new user account at the International Atomic Agency by clicking the "register" link on the top right corner of this page;
(3) Upon receiving your nomination, we will send you a confidentiality agreement that needs to be signed by the nominated person and sent back to us;
(4) The confidential agreement has to be signed by the nominated person and sent back to us;
(5) After receiving the signed confidentiality agreement, we will add ICSRS permissions to the account you have created.
- Authoritative: All information in the resource has been verified by authorities as indicated.
- Quality-checked: All information in the resource has been quality-checked as indicated.
- Not quality-checked: Although the information in the resource may come from peer-reviewed journals or other high-quality sources, it has not undergone subsequent quality checking before incorporation in the resource.
CompletenessExplanation of Terms
- Comprehensive:The resource includes all items in the category for which the resource was created.
- Selective: The resource includes only selected items in the category for which the resource was created, with the process or basis for the selection as indicated.
Update FrequencyExplanation of Terms
- Updated continually: A conscientious effort is made to add new information immediately and keep the resource up-to-date on a day-by-day basis.
- Updated periodically: The resource is updated on a schedule. Common values are monthly, quarterly, annually or biennially, but others are also used.
- Updated occasionally: The resource is updated now and then, but not on a schedule.
- Static: The resource is a one-off creation with no plans for updates, or a resource that was updated in the past but has now been frozen with no new input planned.
Last Resource Update : N/A
Environmental Sciences | Human Health and Medicine | Nuclear Applications | Nuclear Safety
Nuclear Energy | NEFW - Division of Nuclear Fuel Cycle and Waste Technology