The Minor Actinide Property Database (MADB) is a bibliographic database on physico-chemical properties of selected Minor Actinide (MA) compounds and alloys.
The issue of mitigation of radiological toxicity of actinides by advanced P&T methods has been addressed by the IAEA in its several meetings and TECDOCs. Recent global R&D efforts on advanced P&T methods in the last two decades have generated considerable information/data on MAs and its compounds encompassing various aspects of advanced nuclear fuel cycles.
To enhance the capacity of interested Member States in developing innovative nuclear fuel cycle technologies, it is deemed necessary to develop a database on physico-chemical properties of MAs and its compounds. In this regard, the IAEA initiated an activity to create an electronic database which will be easily expanded and updated and disseminated through the internet to the interested parties.
The MA materials and properties are selected based on their importance for the use in advanced nuclear fuel cycle especially for the partitioning and transmutation.
- Authoritative: All information in the resource has been verified by authorities as indicated.
- Quality-checked: All information in the resource has been quality-checked as indicated.
- Not quality-checked: Although the information in the resource may come from peer-reviewed journals or other high-quality sources, it has not undergone subsequent quality checking before incorporation in the resource.
CompletenessExplanation of Terms
- Comprehensive:The resource includes all items in the category for which the resource was created.
- Selective: The resource includes only selected items in the category for which the resource was created, with the process or basis for the selection as indicated.
Update FrequencyExplanation of Terms
- Updated continually: A conscientious effort is made to add new information immediately and keep the resource up-to-date on a day-by-day basis.
- Updated periodically: The resource is updated on a schedule. Common values are monthly, quarterly, annually or biennially, but others are also used.
- Updated occasionally: The resource is updated now and then, but not on a schedule.
- Static: The resource is a one-off creation with no plans for updates, or a resource that was updated in the past but has now been frozen with no new input planned.
Last Resource Update : 2011
Chemistry and Materials | Nuclear Power | Physics
Nuclear Energy | NEFW - Division of Nuclear Fuel Cycle and Waste Technology
Codes and Numerical Data
Nuclear Fuel Cycle, Partitioning and Transmutation, P&T, MADB, Minor Actinides.