Joint service of the IAEA and Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). Registry and distribution system for plant breeders and geneticists of important crops induced to mutate using radiation or chemicals.
Rapid and free access to such mutants is essential to determine their value and potential for use in locations other than where they were produced. In addition, mutants of crops are becoming very valuable in functional genomics and proteomics. Hence, it is essential to collect, conserve and facilitate the distribution of mutants of important crops for unrestricted access by plant breeders and geneticists around the world. Moreover, collections of such mutants would maintain germplasm diversity enshrined in local cultivars. MGR is a prototype of how this may occur.
- Authoritative: All information in the resource has been verified by authorities as indicated.
- Quality-checked: All information in the resource has been quality-checked as indicated.
- Not quality-checked: Although the information in the resource may come from peer-reviewed journals or other high-quality sources, it has not undergone subsequent quality checking before incorporation in the resource.
CompletenessExplanation of Terms
- Comprehensive:The resource includes all items in the category for which the resource was created.
- Selective: The resource includes only selected items in the category for which the resource was created, with the process or basis for the selection as indicated.
Update FrequencyExplanation of Terms
- Updated continually: A conscientious effort is made to add new information immediately and keep the resource up-to-date on a day-by-day basis.
- Updated periodically: The resource is updated on a schedule. Common values are monthly, quarterly, annually or biennially, but others are also used.
- Updated occasionally: The resource is updated now and then, but not on a schedule.
- Static: The resource is a one-off creation with no plans for updates, or a resource that was updated in the past but has now been frozen with no new input planned.
Last Resource Update : 2006
Food and Agriculture
Nuclear Sciences and Applications | NAFA - Division of Nuclear Techniques in Food and Agriculture
Codes and Numerical Data