The Net Enabled Waste Management Database (NEWMDB) contains information on national radioactive waste management programmes, plans and activities, relevant laws and regulations, policies and radioactive waste inventories.
Most major and minor nuclear programmes are represented.
Currently the system includes about 4 years of inventory data. At present, 61 Member States have nominated Country Coordinators; about 40 Member States regularly contribute data via the online system. The submissions represent about 70% of the worldwide NPP energy production. The online data submission is permanently open for Member States.
Data submissions to NEWMDB are requested and conducted annually.
National Contact Persons (Country Coordinators) are officially designated by Member States.
- Authoritative: All information in the resource has been verified by authorities as indicated.
- Quality-checked: All information in the resource has been quality-checked as indicated.
- Not quality-checked: Although the information in the resource may come from peer-reviewed journals or other high-quality sources, it has not undergone subsequent quality checking before incorporation in the resource.
CompletenessExplanation of Terms
- Comprehensive:The resource includes all items in the category for which the resource was created.
- Selective: The resource includes only selected items in the category for which the resource was created, with the process or basis for the selection as indicated.
Update FrequencyExplanation of Terms
- Updated continually: A conscientious effort is made to add new information immediately and keep the resource up-to-date on a day-by-day basis.
- Updated periodically: The resource is updated on a schedule. Common values are monthly, quarterly, annually or biennially, but others are also used.
- Updated occasionally: The resource is updated now and then, but not on a schedule.
- Static: The resource is a one-off creation with no plans for updates, or a resource that was updated in the past but has now been frozen with no new input planned.
Last Resource Update : N/A
Nuclear Power | Nuclear Safety
Nuclear Energy | NEFW - Division of Nuclear Fuel Cycle and Waste Technology