The Nuclear Fuel Cycle Simulation System (NFCSS), formerly known as VISTA, is a scenario-based computer model for the estimation of fuel cycle material, service requirements and actinide arisings.
These simplified approaches enable the code to estimate the long-term fuel cycle requirements for both open and closed fuel cycle strategies.
The NFCSS web site provides a detailed description of the simulation system, an example scenario with results, and a simple calculation tool which can be used to calculate annual material flow in a selected nuclear fuel cycle option.
The web site also provides access to the full version of the code through a special authorization.
- Authoritative: All information in the resource has been verified by authorities as indicated.
- Quality-checked: All information in the resource has been quality-checked as indicated.
- Not quality-checked: Although the information in the resource may come from peer-reviewed journals or other high-quality sources, it has not undergone subsequent quality checking before incorporation in the resource.
CompletenessExplanation of Terms
- Comprehensive:The resource includes all items in the category for which the resource was created.
- Selective: The resource includes only selected items in the category for which the resource was created, with the process or basis for the selection as indicated.
Update FrequencyExplanation of Terms
- Updated continually: A conscientious effort is made to add new information immediately and keep the resource up-to-date on a day-by-day basis.
- Updated periodically: The resource is updated on a schedule. Common values are monthly, quarterly, annually or biennially, but others are also used.
- Updated occasionally: The resource is updated now and then, but not on a schedule.
- Static: The resource is a one-off creation with no plans for updates, or a resource that was updated in the past but has now been frozen with no new input planned.
Last Resource Update : 2010
Nuclear Power | Energy Planning, Policy and Economics
Nuclear Energy | NEFW - Division of Nuclear Fuel Cycle and Waste Technology
Energy, Nuclear Fuel Cycle & Materials, Actinide Arisings, Nuclear Fuel Cycle Simulation, VISTA., NFCSS, Minor Actinide Accumulation, Nuclear Fuel Cycle Modeling, Nuclear Fuel Cycle Requirements, Nuclear Fuel Cycle