PIE is a technical catalogue of Post Irradiation Facilities (hot cells) worldwide. It includes a complete survey of the main characteristics of hot cells and their PIE capabilities.
The IAEA initiated the issue of catalogue within the framework of a Coordinated Research Programme (CRP) in 1992. Within this CRP, a catalogue was assembled which lists laboratories worldwide which are prepared to perform contractual PIE within hot cells on water reactor fuels and core components.
The Catalogue of PIE facilities includes a complete survey of the main characteristics of the hot cells and their PIE capabilities. It is expected that the catalogue provides IAEA Member States with a useful summary of the PIE facilities which will allow potential customers to select the most appropriate laboratories.
The Catalogue first published in 1996 as a working material. The IAEA has converted the catalogue to a computer database and updated in 2003. The database contains more detailed information related to the location, reserves and grade, geology and status of each deposit. The database was designed emphasizing user friendliness and including the facility of searching each record using country, geological region, geological district, deposit type, or status indexes.
- Authoritative: All information in the resource has been verified by authorities as indicated.
- Quality-checked: All information in the resource has been quality-checked as indicated.
- Not quality-checked: Although the information in the resource may come from peer-reviewed journals or other high-quality sources, it has not undergone subsequent quality checking before incorporation in the resource.
CompletenessExplanation of Terms
- Comprehensive:The resource includes all items in the category for which the resource was created.
- Selective: The resource includes only selected items in the category for which the resource was created, with the process or basis for the selection as indicated.
Update FrequencyExplanation of Terms
- Updated continually: A conscientious effort is made to add new information immediately and keep the resource up-to-date on a day-by-day basis.
- Updated periodically: The resource is updated on a schedule. Common values are monthly, quarterly, annually or biennially, but others are also used.
- Updated occasionally: The resource is updated now and then, but not on a schedule.
- Static: The resource is a one-off creation with no plans for updates, or a resource that was updated in the past but has now been frozen with no new input planned.
Last Resource Update : 2011
Chemistry and Materials | Nuclear Power
Nuclear Energy | NEFW - Division of Nuclear Fuel Cycle and Waste Technology
Codes and Numerical Data