The Basic Professional Training Course on Nuclear Safety (BPTC) is intended to provide a broad overview of all the safety concepts and their application to nuclear power plants and research reactors design and operation.
It is also appropriate for highly specialized professionals who lack a broader view of nuclear safetyThis textbook supports the IAEA Basic Professional Training Course on Nuclear Safety. In addition, it is also aimed at assisting nuclear regulatory bodies, operating organizations and technical support organizations of Member States in setting up their own training activities in the area of nuclear safety.
The Course is made up of 22 modules and is designed to run six to nine weeks.
The audience targeted by the course are professionals who work in regulatory bodies for nuclear safety and who oversee nuclear power plants and professionals in organizations that operate and provide technical support to plants. These professionals are supposed to have duties and responsibilities in the field of nuclear safety.
This textbook is the instruction source for course lecturers and provides background material for participants.
- Authoritative: All information in the resource has been verified by authorities as indicated.
- Quality-checked: All information in the resource has been quality-checked as indicated.
- Not quality-checked: Although the information in the resource may come from peer-reviewed journals or other high-quality sources, it has not undergone subsequent quality checking before incorporation in the resource.
CompletenessExplanation of Terms
- Comprehensive:The resource includes all items in the category for which the resource was created.
- Selective: The resource includes only selected items in the category for which the resource was created, with the process or basis for the selection as indicated.
Update FrequencyExplanation of Terms
- Updated continually: A conscientious effort is made to add new information immediately and keep the resource up-to-date on a day-by-day basis.
- Updated periodically: The resource is updated on a schedule. Common values are monthly, quarterly, annually or biennially, but others are also used.
- Updated occasionally: The resource is updated now and then, but not on a schedule.
- Static: The resource is a one-off creation with no plans for updates, or a resource that was updated in the past but has now been frozen with no new input planned.
Last Resource Update : 2004
Nuclear Safety and Security
Reactor Physics | Fundamentals | Nuclear Safety | Training Material on TRIGA Research Reactor | Regulatory Control of Nuclear Power Plants (NPPs) | Basic Professional Training Course on Nuclear Safety (BPTC) | EDF NPP Operating Safety Handbook (RC) | Basic Safety Concepts| Fundamentals of Thermal Hydraulics |