The ENSDF database contains evaluated nuclear structure and decay information for over 2900 nuclides. The file is updated on a continuous basis. New evaluations are published in Nuclear Data Sheets.
Master file of the ENSDF database is stored and regularly updated at the the National Nuclear Data Center, BNL, USA. The data compilation and continuous update of database content is done through the data exchange in the network of nuclear structure and decay data centres. The Web access to the database, additional to the Telnet access existed earlier, was open in December 1999. NUDAT retrieval program provides user friendly interface to the ENSDF data.
IAEA Nuclear Data Section (NDS) coordinates the International Network of Nuclear Structure and Decay Data (NSDD)Evaluators by holding biennial meetings. NSDD evaluations for separate nuclides and mass chains of the nuclides prepared by the evaluators are introduced in the ENSDF database at the National Nuclear Data Center, BNL, USA for online access and published in the Nuclear Data Sheets journal .
- Authoritative: All information in the resource has been verified by authorities as indicated.
- Quality-checked: All information in the resource has been quality-checked as indicated.
- Not quality-checked: Although the information in the resource may come from peer-reviewed journals or other high-quality sources, it has not undergone subsequent quality checking before incorporation in the resource.
CompletenessExplanation of Terms
- Comprehensive:The resource includes all items in the category for which the resource was created.
- Selective: The resource includes only selected items in the category for which the resource was created, with the process or basis for the selection as indicated.
Update FrequencyExplanation of Terms
- Updated continually: A conscientious effort is made to add new information immediately and keep the resource up-to-date on a day-by-day basis.
- Updated periodically: The resource is updated on a schedule. Common values are monthly, quarterly, annually or biennially, but others are also used.
- Updated occasionally: The resource is updated now and then, but not on a schedule.
- Static: The resource is a one-off creation with no plans for updates, or a resource that was updated in the past but has now been frozen with no new input planned.
Last Resource Update : 2012
NAPC - Nuclear Data Section
Codes and Numerical Data
nuclear structure data, decay data, mass chain evaluation