The International Nuclear and Radiological Event Scale (INES) is a tool for promptly communicating to the public in consistent terms the safety significance of reported nuclear and radiological incidents and accidents, excluding naturally occurring phenomena such as radon.
To access this INES collaboration workspace under the GNSSN system, please register on NUCLEUS first and then send an email providing your username, full name, organization, country and justification for requesting access to GNSSN Contact Point.
If you require further information and help to register, please visit GNSSN Registration Instructions.
The INES workspace at GNSSN provides information on latest developments of the INES system. INES National Officers and alternates, as well as members of the INES Advisory Committee and members of working groups related to INES activities share a restricted collaboration space for sharing and reviewing documents, discussions, etc.
- Authoritative: All information in the resource has been verified by authorities as indicated.
- Quality-checked: All information in the resource has been quality-checked as indicated.
- Not quality-checked: Although the information in the resource may come from peer-reviewed journals or other high-quality sources, it has not undergone subsequent quality checking before incorporation in the resource.
CompletenessExplanation of Terms
- Comprehensive:The resource includes all items in the category for which the resource was created.
- Selective: The resource includes only selected items in the category for which the resource was created, with the process or basis for the selection as indicated.
Update FrequencyExplanation of Terms
- Updated continually: A conscientious effort is made to add new information immediately and keep the resource up-to-date on a day-by-day basis.
- Updated periodically: The resource is updated on a schedule. Common values are monthly, quarterly, annually or biennially, but others are also used.
- Updated occasionally: The resource is updated now and then, but not on a schedule.
- Static: The resource is a one-off creation with no plans for updates, or a resource that was updated in the past but has now been frozen with no new input planned.
Last Resource Update : 2010 - Jun
Regulatory Safety Infrastructure
Nuclear Safety and Security | NS - Incident and Emergency Centre
Fukushima, International Nuclear and radiological event scale, International Regulatory Network, Safety Standards, Regulatory Country Information and Cooperation Forum, Integrated Regulatory Review Service, Emergency Preparedness Review