The calculations of the thermal scattering law data
The calculations of the thermal scattering law data were performed a long time ago and were tailored to the computer technology of the sixties.
Since then the calculations were repeated for the ENDF/B-VI library, but with essentially the same input data, except for a somewhat extended energy transfer range. Water is the most widely used moderator/coolant in nuclear reactors. Zirconium hydride is used in TRIGA research reactors, which are operated in many laboratories in the world.
Furthermore, there are ideas to use zirconium hydride in the thermal island of accelerator driven subcritical systems for waste incineration. Improved data for hydrogen bound in water, hydrogen bound in zirconium hydride, and deuterium bound in heavy water would be desirable firstly because of its importance and secondly because of the identified problems
Produce an improved library of thermal scattering law data for hydrogen bound in water, hydrogen bound in zirconium hydride, and deuterium bound in heavy water.
- Authoritative: All information in the resource has been verified by authorities as indicated.
- Quality-checked: All information in the resource has been quality-checked as indicated.
- Not quality-checked: Although the information in the resource may come from peer-reviewed journals or other high-quality sources, it has not undergone subsequent quality checking before incorporation in the resource.
CompletenessExplanation of Terms
- Comprehensive:The resource includes all items in the category for which the resource was created.
- Selective: The resource includes only selected items in the category for which the resource was created, with the process or basis for the selection as indicated.
Update FrequencyExplanation of Terms
- Updated continually: A conscientious effort is made to add new information immediately and keep the resource up-to-date on a day-by-day basis.
- Updated periodically: The resource is updated on a schedule. Common values are monthly, quarterly, annually or biennially, but others are also used.
- Updated occasionally: The resource is updated now and then, but not on a schedule.
- Static: The resource is a one-off creation with no plans for updates, or a resource that was updated in the past but has now been frozen with no new input planned.
Last Resource Update : 2006
NAPC - Nuclear Data Section
Evaluated Data Library
Zirconium hydride, thermal scattering, hydrogen, waste incineration, Thermal Scattering Law, evaluated nuclear data library