NuDat allows users to search and plot nuclear structure and nuclear decay data interactively
Using NuDat 2, it is possible to search for nuclear level properties (energy, half-life, spin-parity), gamma-ray information (energy, intensity, multipolarity, coincidences), radiation information following nuclear decay (energy, intensity, dose), and neutron-induced reaction data from the BNL-325 book (thermal cross section and resonance integral).
The information provided by NuDat 2 can be seen in tables, level schemes and an interactive chart of nuclei.
There are three different search forms: one for levels and gammas, a second one for decay-related information, and a third one for searching the Nuclear Wallet Cards file. A description of the search capabilities can be found by clicking the help link at the top of each form, or by following the following links:
- Help on Levels and Gammas search
- Help on Nuclear Wallet Cards search
- Help on Decay Radiation search
The sections of NuDat 2 related to levels, gammas and decay are obtained from the Evaluated Nuclear Structure Data File (ENSDF). Physicists from around the world have been contributing to this effort. The management and location of ENSDF resides at the NNDC. NuDat 2 is periodically updated to reflect changes in ENSDF.
- Authoritative: All information in the resource has been verified by authorities as indicated.
- Quality-checked: All information in the resource has been quality-checked as indicated.
- Not quality-checked: Although the information in the resource may come from peer-reviewed journals or other high-quality sources, it has not undergone subsequent quality checking before incorporation in the resource.
CompletenessExplanation of Terms
- Comprehensive:The resource includes all items in the category for which the resource was created.
- Selective: The resource includes only selected items in the category for which the resource was created, with the process or basis for the selection as indicated.
Update FrequencyExplanation of Terms
- Updated continually: A conscientious effort is made to add new information immediately and keep the resource up-to-date on a day-by-day basis.
- Updated periodically: The resource is updated on a schedule. Common values are monthly, quarterly, annually or biennially, but others are also used.
- Updated occasionally: The resource is updated now and then, but not on a schedule.
- Static: The resource is a one-off creation with no plans for updates, or a resource that was updated in the past but has now been frozen with no new input planned.
Last Resource Update : 2012
NAPC - Nuclear Data Section
Codes and Numerical Data
Decay radiations, nuclear data display, level scheme, half-life, nuclear decay data display, nuclear structure data