The Nuclear Security Information Portal (NUSEC) is an important new resource developed by the IAEA to support nuclear security efforts worldwide. NUSEC is designed to facilitate communication and provide the most up-to-date information on the Agency's activities related to nuclear security.
Through NUSEC, national and international stakeholders can contribute and discuss information pertaining to nuclear security.
Objectives of the NUSEC portal
- Keep the nuclear security community informed about IAEA, multilateral and national nuclear security-related activities
- Provide a collaborative environment for community building
- Provide rapid access to national Contact Points and related data
- Provide User Groups with a secure and centralized web environment for better information exchange
Key features of the NUSEC portal
- Partner pages for Member States and Agency partners
- Events Calendar
- Meeting materials - in advance and post meeting
- Contact Lists
- Document Sharing and Exchange (upload / download)
- What's New
- Integration with other IAEA data sources
- Discussion Forum(s)
- News Feeds
All IAEA Member States and selected Agency partners are invited to become part of NUSEC.
Member States and Agency partners will be asked to appoint a NUSEC Liaison Officer who will coordinate the validation of new account requests, provide information on national or institutional nuclear security activities and interact with the IAEA Office of Nuclear Security on potential enhancements to the Portal.
To ensure maximum effectiveness in the exchange of information, the NUSEC Liaison Officer should be familiar with the work of the Office of Nuclear Security.
For further information please email NUSEC Contact Point or visit NUSEC
- Authoritative: All information in the resource has been verified by authorities as indicated.
- Quality-checked: All information in the resource has been quality-checked as indicated.
- Not quality-checked: Although the information in the resource may come from peer-reviewed journals or other high-quality sources, it has not undergone subsequent quality checking before incorporation in the resource.
CompletenessExplanation of Terms
- Comprehensive:The resource includes all items in the category for which the resource was created.
- Selective: The resource includes only selected items in the category for which the resource was created, with the process or basis for the selection as indicated.
Update FrequencyExplanation of Terms
- Updated continually: A conscientious effort is made to add new information immediately and keep the resource up-to-date on a day-by-day basis.
- Updated periodically: The resource is updated on a schedule. Common values are monthly, quarterly, annually or biennially, but others are also used.
- Updated occasionally: The resource is updated now and then, but not on a schedule.
- Static: The resource is a one-off creation with no plans for updates, or a resource that was updated in the past but has now been frozen with no new input planned.
Last Resource Update : 2012
Nuclear Safety and Security | NSNS - Office of Nuclear Security