- Competencies for the European NMT, European Association of Nuclear Medicine, Technologists Committee (EANM)
- Advanced Performance and Responsibility Guidelines for the NMT, European Association of Nuclear Medicine, Technologists Committee (EANM)
- Performance and Responsibility Guidelines for NMT, Society of Nuclear Medicine, Technologists Section (SNMT)
- NMT Code of Practice, Australian and New Zealand Society of Nuclear Medicine Technologists (ANZSNMT)
- Standard of Practice for Medical Radiation Technologist, Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT)
The spectrum of NMT skills and responsibilities varies widely from country to country across the world. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: preparation, quality control testing and administration of radioactive compounds; execution of patient imaging procedures including computer processing and image management; laboratory testing; patient interviews; instruction and preparation for administration of prescribed radioactive compounds for therapy; quality control of instrumentation; participation in quality management programs; and radiation safety.
Several NMT organizations have drafted documents that outline the specific responsibilities of a NMT and are linked to in the "Related Links" section.