Account Registration and Activation
Your NUCLEUS Account is a single username and password that can be used to access a variety of resources on the NUCLEUS portal. Anyone can create a NUCLEUS Account.
IAEA users accessing NUCLEUS from the internal network do not need to create a NUCLEUS Account; they are automatically registered with NUCLEUS.
To register a new NUCLEUS account
- NUCLEUS Registration page will open when you click on the Register button in the top right-hand corner of any NUCLEUS portal.
- Complete the registration form.
- You must complete all the required fields on the form. Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*). The email address you enter on this form must be a valid address that is owned by you.
- The password entered must adhere to the the password strength guidelines.
- After successful registration, your new NUCLEUS Account will be created and an email will be sent to the email address provided asking you to activate your NUCLEUS Account. After successful registration the following message will be displayed:
To activate a new NUCLEUS account
When you create a new NUCLEUS Account, the IAEA will send an Account activation link to the email address you entered when registering. Before you can sign in to NUCLEUS with your new account you must first activate the account by opening this link. This is done in order to verify that you own this email address.
- Open the inbox for the email address you entered on the NUCLEUS registration page.
- Find and open the email with the title IAEA NUCLEUS Account Created. The sender will be DO_NOT_REPLY@iaea.org.
- If you do not find the email in your inbox, please check in your spam or junk mail folders. If you do find the email in these folders, mark the email as "safe" or "not spam" to ensure that you successfully receive any further emails from NUCLEUS to your inbox.
- Click on the "Click here to activate" link in the email.
- A new browser window or tab should open. If the link does not work, copy and paste the activation URL from the email into your browser's address bar.
- Your NUCLEUS Account will be activated and you will now be able to sign in to NUCLEUS using the username and password entered in the NUCLEUS Registration form. After successful activation of your account the following message will be displayed:
There are several reasons why a NUCLEUS account registration attempt might fail. If there is a problem with your registration data, the registration page will display one or more error messages prompting you to correct the form. Some typical problems are explained below:
All the required fields have not been completed: a small number of fields on the registration form must be completed. These are marked with an asterisk (*).
Your chosen user name is already taken: NUCLEUS user names must be unique. If someone else has already registered your user name, then your registration cannot be completed. Select a different user name and resubmit the registration form.
Password values do not match: the values entered in the "Password" and "Confirm your password" fields must match.
Password is not long or complex enough: the password must meet a minimum length and complexity standard.
Your email address is invalid: email addresses must be valid. An activation email will be sent to the entered email address so please ensure the value entered is correct.
Your phone or fax number is invalid: phone and fax numbers must contain at least one numeral.
The CAPTCHA value is incorrect: the verification code value entered must match the CAPTCHA image. If you cannot read the image, try loading another.Secret answer is invalid: the secret answer cannot contain a question mark "?" nor can it simply repeat the selected secret question.