The ALMERA Network Structure
The International Atomic Energy Agency’s Environment Laboratories are the central coordinator of the ALMERA network's activities.
To facilitate interactions between the ALMERA laboratories, the network is subdivided into the following regional groups:
- Middle East
- Asia Pacific
- North and Latin America
Each regional group is coordinated by an ALMERA regional coordinating centre. The current coordinating centres are:
- the South African Nuclear Energy Corporation (NECSA) for Africa,
- the National Food Chain Safety Office, Hungary for Europe;
- the Syrian Arab Republic Atomic Energy Commission (AECS) for Middle East.
- the Korea Institute of Nuclear Safety (KINS, Republic of Korea) for the Asia-Pacific region, and,
- the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission for the North and Latin America region.
The complete structure of the ALMERA network is summarised below: