Application to participate in the MEDPOL proficiency test IAEA-MEL-2011-02 on the determination of Trace elements and Methyl Mercury in Sediment Sample
The IAEA Environment Laboratories (IAEA-EL) are planning to organize a proficiency test on the determination of trace elements and methyl mercury in sediment sample according to the following schedule:
- Target group: Open only to MEDPOL Laboratories interested in the analysis of trace elements and methyl mercury in sediment sample
- Matrix: The sediment material was collected in South Korea, immediately frozen and then freeze dried. The sediment was sieved at 500µm, grind, sieved again at 125µm followed by mechanical homogenization. Metal concentrations are expected to match the range normally found in the marine environment.
- Sample Set: Each participant will receive one sediment sample (20g).
- Target analytes (tentative):
in sediment: Al, As, Cd, Co, Cr, Cu, Fe, Hg (total and Methyl Hg), Li, Mn, Ni, Pb, Se, Sb, Sn, V and Zn.
These analytes will be evaluated against pre-established reference values and associated uncertainties.
- Target dates (tentative):
- Beg July 2011 - Opening date for on-line registration
- Mid Aug. 2011 - Shipment of the samples
- End Nov. 2012 - Results submission deadline*
- End Feb. 2012 - Individual evaluation reports
- End Mar 2012 - Draft of summary report
- End Apr 2012 - Final of summary report
For more information contact the PT officer Ms. Emilia Vasileva – Veleva at:
Last update: June 27, 2011