The main objective of this project is to enhance the technical capability of the regulatory body in assessing safety through an integrated risk informed decision making process, based on a comprehensive understanding of fundamental safety principles and safety assessment methods. Through a higher level of understanding of the technical and scientific principles involved in the evaluation of nuclear safety and taking into account lessons learned from Fukushima accident, regulatory staff competencies will be strengthened.
- Enhanced technical competency in safety assessment for regulatory body of recipient country.
- Improved understanding of safety principles and safety assessment methods to support risk informed decision making.
- Tailored training programmes based on the Safety Assessment Education and Training (SAET) syllabus and results of the competence needs-assessment report provided to the Member State.
- Extensive training activities, using state-of-the-art methods for knowledge transfer provided to the beneficiary Member State.
- Sustainable safety assessment capacity building framework developed in the beneficiary Member State.
- Effective project management, technical expertise and implementation.