Application for the participation in the world wide proficiency test IAEA-CU-2010-03 on the determination of natural radionuclides in water and Ra-226 in soil
- Target group: Laboratories interested in the analysis of natural radionuclides in environmental samples
- Matrix: Milled, dried and sterilized soil from oil field and spiked water samples.
- Sample Set: Each participant will receive one soil sample (~100 g) and 5 water samples (~500 ml).
- Target analytes (tentative):Ra-226, U-234, U-238, gross alpha/beta in water, Ra-226 in soil. These analytes will be evaluated against pre-established reference values.
The results reporting will be on-line and each lab will be given the URL and the user name and password to log in and report the results. Full instructions on the PT will be sent with the samples and will be posted on the PT web page.
- 01 June 2010 - Opening date for on-line application
- 30 July 2010 - Closing date for on-line application
- 30 September 2010 - Organizer confirmation of the participation in the PT
- 30 October 2010 - Shipment of the samples
- 15 April 2011 - Results submission deadline
- 30 May 2011 - Individual evaluation reports
- December 2011 - Summary Report
For more information contact the PT Officer Mr. Abdulghani Shakhashiro at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update: January 17, 2011