The main objective of this project is to develop an internationally harmonised review methodology for safety evaluation of NPPs against site specific hazards that should be undertaken to establish the safety margin in the design of the plant and the maintenance of this safety margin throughout the operating life of the plant.
In light of the lessons learned from the Fukushima Daiichi accident:
- Methodology established for undertaking a systematic assessment of the impact of site specific severe external events on NPPs and the evaluation of available safety margins in response to hazards;
- Availability of peer review guidelines and self-assessment tools for applying the methodology;
- Peer review process in place for request or use by Member States.
- Reviewed and enhanced methodology document for systematic assessment of the impact of site specific external events on the NPP's and the evaluation of their safety margin in response to the imposed hazard.
- Guidelines for Peer Reviews.
- Effective project management, technical expertise and implementation.
Beneficiary Country: All Member States
|Comments resolutions, final draft for the IAEA publication