During the organizational meeting, held on the 11th of May 2005 in Vienna, approximately 60 participants, of more than 30 Institutions in 25 countries, decided to establish the Tephritid Workers of Europe, Africa and the Middle East (TEAM) as an independent, professional and scientific organization. Since that meeting the list of TEAM members has been growing constantly and contains currently more than one hundred people.
TEAM consists as an independent, professional and scientific organization that intends to
· provide a platform of interaction that will promote collaboration and communication among scientists of Europe, Africa and the Middle East,
· pursue and stimulate the generation of basic and applied research to solve agricultural and trade problems related to fruit flies in these regions,
· serve as a consulting forum to State Agencies on topics related to the noxious effect of fruit flies,
· act as a link between other world organizations dealing with fruit flies in order to generate joint activities,
· serve to bring the general public closer to the scientific and technical community working with fruit flies.
Welcome to the TEAM group! Click here for more information on how to become a member!
The Steering Committee
Follow us on Facebook
TEAM STEERING COMMITTEE (2012 - 2016):
Marc De Meyer (email@example.com) Belgium, Abdeljelil Bakri (firstname.lastname@example.org) Morocco, Helene Delatte (email@example.com) France, Yoav Gazit (firstname.lastname@example.org), isreal, Aruna Manrakhan (email@example.com) South Africa, Maulid Mwatawala (firstname.lastname@example.org) Tanzania, Nikos Papadopoulos (email@example.com) Greece, Beatriz Sabater (firstname.lastname@example.org) Spain, Francesca Scolari (email@example.com) Italy, Antonio Sinzogan (firstname.lastname@example.org) Benin.