Your NUCLEUS account is your "passport" for accessing a variety of information resources hosted on the IAEA NUCLEUS portal via a single username and password. Follow the instructions below to create a new NUCLEUS account.
IAEA users accessing NUCLEUS from the internal network do not need to create a NUCLEUS Account; they are automatically registered with NUCLEUS through their IAEA account.
To register a new NUCLEUS account
Note: Once you have created a NUCLEUS Account, you cannot change your username or email address. In case you need to change your email or user name, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Click on the Register button in the top right-hand corner of any NUCLEUS page and the NUCLEUS Registration page will open.
- Complete the registration form by entering all the required fields. Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*). The email address you enter on this form must be a valid address that is owned by you.
- Enter a valid password that adheres to the guidelines described here password strength.
The following message will appear if your registration has been successful.
To activate your new NUCLEUS account
Before you can sign in to NUCLEUS with your username and password, you must activate the account by opening this link that is send to you in an email. This is done in order to verify that the email address you have given us is indeed yours and valid.
- Go to your email inbox.
- Open the email with subject line: IAEA NUCLEUS Account Created. The sender will be DO_NOT_REPLY@iaea.org.
- If you do not find the email in your inbox, please check your spam or junk mail folders. If you do find the email in these folders, mark the email as "safe" or "not spam" to ensure that you receive any future correspondence emails from NUCLEUS.
- Click on the "Click here to activate" link in the email.
- A new browser window or tab will open. If the link does not work, copy and paste the activation URL from the email into your browser's address bar.
- Your NUCLEUS Account will be activated and you will now be able to sign in to NUCLEUS using the username and password entered in the NUCLEUS Registration form. After successful activation of your account the following message will be displayed:
There are several reasons why a NUCLEUS account registration attempt might fail. If there is a problem with your registration data, the registration page will display one or more error messages prompting you to correct the form. Some typical problems are explained below:
All the required fields have not been completed: a small number of fields on the registration form must be completed. These are marked with an asterisk (*).
Your chosen user name is already taken: NUCLEUS user names must be unique. If someone else has already registered your user name, then your registration cannot be completed. Select a different user name and resubmit the registration form.
Password values do not match: the values entered in the "Password" and "Confirm your password" fields must match.
Password is not long or complex enough: the password must meet a minimum length and complexity standard.
Your email address is invalid: email addresses must be valid. An activation email will be sent to the entered email address so please ensure the value entered is correct.
Your phone or fax number is invalid: phone and fax numbers must contain at least one numeral.
The CAPTCHA value is incorrect: the verification code value entered must match the CAPTCHA image. If you cannot read the image, try loading another.Secret answer is invalid
: the secret answer cannot contain a question mark "?" nor can it simply repeat the selected secret question.