Terms and Conditions of Use of the IAEA’s Websites
The use of this and any other website provided by the IAEA constitutes agreement with the following terms and conditions:
- The International Atomic Energy Agency (“IAEA”) maintains the website (the “Site”) as a courtesy to those who may choose to access the Site (“Users”). The information presented herein is for informative purposes only. The IAEA grants permission to Users to visit the Site and to download and copy the information, documents and materials (collectively, “Materials”) from the Site, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific Material within the Site.
- The IAEA administers this Site. All Material on this Site is subject to the present Terms and Conditions.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Materials on this Site are those of the various IAEA staff members, consultants and advisers to the IAEA Secretariat who prepared the work and do not necessarily represent the views of the IAEA or its Member States
Access to Password-Protected/Secure Areas
Access to and use of password-protected and/or secure areas of the Site is restricted to authorized users. Unauthorized access to such areas is prohibited. As a registered NUCLEUS user, you agree that you are solely responsible for activities that occur under your account. Accordingly, you agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords and other credentials associated with any account you use to this Site.
If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify the NUCLEUS contact point immediately at Contact Us.
Materials provided on this Site are provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. The IAEA specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such Materials. The IAEA periodically adds, changes, improves or updates the Materials on this Site without notice. Under no circumstances shall the IAEA be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered that is claimed to have resulted from the use of this Site, including, without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. The use of this Site is at the User’s sole risk. Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, shall the IAEA or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if the IAEA has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The User specifically acknowledges and agrees that the IAEA is not liable for any conduct of any User.
This Site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. The IAEA does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the User’s own risk. Neither the IAEA nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom.
As a condition of use of this Site, the User agrees to indemnify the IAEA and its affiliates from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of the User’s use of this Site, including, without limitation, any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by the User of these Terms and Conditions. If the User is dissatisfied with any Material on this Site or with any of its Terms and Conditions of Use, the User’s sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
IAEA content of this Site is protected by copyright. To ensure wide dissemination of its information, the IAEA is committed to making its content freely available and encourages the use, reproduction and dissemination of the text, multimedia and data presented. Content may be adapted, translated, copied, printed and downloaded for private study, research and teaching purposes, and for use in commercial and non-commercial products or services, provided that appropriate acknowledgement of the IAEA as the source is given and that the IAEA's endorsement of users' views, products or services is not stated or implied in any way. Specific restrictions and/or conditions may apply to specific Materials within this Site.
This Site may include third party copyright material for which rights and permissions must be obtained from the copyright holder(s) indicated. The IAEA has made every reasonable effort to locate, contact and acknowledge rights holders and to correctly apply terms and conditions to Materials. Under no circumstances shall the IAEA be held responsible for any copyright infringements arising from the use of third party content.
This Site may contain links and references to third-party websites. The linked websites are not under the control of the IAEA, and the IAEA is not responsible for the content of any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. The IAEA provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply the endorsement of the linked website by the IAEA.
Digital Repositories and Databases
The data in the IAEA digital repositories and databases is provided free of charge for educational and informational use. The repositories and databases may contain data submitted by third parties, in which case the IAEA shall not be held responsible for copyright infringements related to the use of such data.
Use of Maps, Country Names and Company Names
The boundaries and names shown and the designations used on the maps on this Site do not imply official endorsement or acceptance by the IAEA. The use of particular designations of countries or territories does not imply any judgement by the IAEA as to the legal status of such countries or territories, of their authorities and institutions or of the delimitation of their boundaries.
The mentioning of names of specific companies or products (whether or not indicated as registered) does not imply any intention to infringe proprietary rights, nor should it be construed as an endorsement or recommendation on the part of the IAEA.
This Site may contain forums, comment sections, bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities (collectively, “Forums”), the User agrees to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and materials that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example and not as a limitation, the User agrees that when using a Forum, he or she shall not do any of the following:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information;
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy and publicity) unless the User owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all consents therefor as may be required by law;
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer;
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded;
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests or chain letters, or download any file posted by another user of a Forum that the User knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
The User acknowledges that all Forums and discussion groups are public and not private communications. Further, the User acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, e-mails and other communications by other Users are not endorsed by the IAEA, and that such communications shall not be considered to have been reviewed, screened or approved by the IAEA. The IAEA reserves the right to remove, for any reason and without notice, any content of the Forums received from Users, including, without limitation, e-mail and bulletin board postings.
The IAEA reserves the right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Site or any Materials in any respect. The IAEA shall have no obligation to take the needs of any User into consideration in connection therewith.
The IAEA reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any user access to this Site or any portion thereof without notice.
No waiver by the IAEA of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be binding except as set forth in writing and signed by its duly authorized representative.
Privileges and Immunities
Nothing herein shall be construed as a waiver, either express or implied, of any of the privileges and immunities accorded to the IAEA by its Member States.
By accessing this Site, certain information, such as Internet protocol (IP) addresses, navigation behaviour through the Site, the software used and the time spent, along with other similar information, will be stored on IAEA servers. This information will not specifically identify the User.
The information will be used internally only for Site traffic analysis. If you provide unique identifying information, such as name, address and other information on forms stored on this Site, such information will be used only for statistical purposes and will not be published for general access. The IAEA, however, assumes no responsibility for the security of this information.
This Site uses “cookies”. Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are widely used because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device and therefore allow enhanced functionality.
- to compile statistical data on the use of this Site and its functioning, so that we can monitor and improve it;
- to allow us to share our web pages via social media platforms.
- to store session information while you are logged on to a NUCLEUS protected site.
If you wish to restrict or block cookies you can set your web browser to do so. However, you will no longer be able to access protected content under NUCLEUS.