What is the IAEA CONNECT platform?
IAEA CONNECT is a web-based collaboration platform hosted by the IAEA on behalf of its Member States that provides a gateway for interconnecting
What can I find on the CONNECT platform?
You can find technical networks' sites filled with information on their specific areas. Consider these networks' sites as your one-stop shop (but free, of course) for all information related to that technical network area. Each network is unique, therefore, they will not necessarily offer the same features and types of content, but generally you will be able to find related publications, experts, access to eLearning materials, useful links, forums for discussions, multimedia libraries, and more.
What is the benefit for me?
CONNECT, through the networks, enables the following to users and to Member State institutions at no cost:
- Discussions between registered users on current technical challenges, potential solutions, troubleshooting and operational feedback.
- Collaborative development of guidance documents, procedures and training material.
- Greater visibility and access to key domain experts. Finding an expert, from anywhere in the world, is fast and easy.
- Cost-free access to training materials and courses in the various fields of nuclear energy.
- Easy access to materials presented at IAEA workshops, training courses, group scientific visits and more.
- Access to shared experiences and lessons learned, as well as best practices.
How do I access the networks' public sites?
It is as simple as to click on the respective network icon available at the CONNECT homepage. Once you are there, you can bookmark it for easier future returns. You can also use the links provided two questions down. Yes, we try to make things easy for you as much as we can.
How to access the members-only portion of the networks' sites?
You will need to become a member of that network. It is very easy! For details on how to request network access, please watch
Which networks are available on CONNECT?
Currently there are 14 IAEA networks well stablished and one under construction:
- beta-Delayed Neutron Emission -
- Coordination Group for Uranium Legacy Sites -
- International Low Level Waste Disposal Network -
- Network of Environmental Management and Remediation -
- Instrumentation and Control Technologies Network -
- International Decommissioning Network -
- International Predisposal Network -
- International Network of Laboratories for Nuclear Waste Characterization -
- Management System Network of Excellence -
- International Network on Nuclear Knowledge Management -
- Networking Nuclear Education Community of Practice -
- International Working Forum on Regulatory Supervision of Legacy Sites -
- International Network on Spent Fuel Management -
- Underground Research Facilities Network for Geological Disposal - URF Network
Can I be a member of more than one network?
Yes, you can. You might not need to, but you can. That is because on the CONNECT platform, once you are a member of one network you have access to content on the whole platform, including the other members-only areas. However, please note there are some limitations. As the platform is interactive, you will only be able to contribute in discussion forums and upload/download documents, for example, on the network area you are a member of. You can request access to other networks, once you are a member already, from this
site. Or you can proceed just like you did when you requested your first membership. Can't remember how you did it? Watch
Does the IAEA CONNECT platform have a Terms of Reference?
Yes, you can find it
How can I contact the CONNECT Administrators?
We are always glad to hear from you. You can contact us at