Training in ion beam accelerator technology and utilization
Training courses and workshops related to ion beam accelerator technology and utilization are mainly performed in cooperation with the ICTP and RBI. They include:
· Training in operation and maintenance of low energy electrostatic accelerators, basic to intermediate level, 1 week, organized in cooperation with RBI.
· Training on ion beam analytical techniques and applications, basic to intermediate level,1 week, organized in cooperation with RBI or other accelerator facilities.
The following training materials are available on-line:
- Introduction to electrostatic accelerators: from basic principles to operation and maintenance
- The Application of Ion Beam Analysis to Forensic Sciences
- Demonstration videos of Ion Beam Analysis methods
Additional ICTP-IAEA joint workshops are organized with the ICTP, typically every two years. Specific trainings can be tailored and designed according to the needs expressed by Member States. Advanced trainings dedicated to Ion Beam Accelerator Operation or Analytical Techniques, in the form of individual or small group training, for a duration of 1 to 2 months, can be performed at RBI or other state-of-the-art facilities.